Saturday, November 12, 2011

I Love My Hometown!

Wow it's been awhile since I have posted.  The last couple of weeks I've heard a lot of criticism about my town Lamar. Is Lamar perfect? Of course not. What I want to do here is to show you why I love living in Lamar.


Dorothy's famous line from the Wizard of Oz was; "Theres no place like home." What a true statement. My family moved to Lamar when I was just 6 years old. I have many memories here; some good, some bad but this is the place that I call home all these memories shaped me into the person that I am today.



I enjoy the fact that a herd of deer often wanders around the field outside my living room window. They even have been known to look through the downstairs window. Living out here in the country has the benefits of beauty, peace, and a sense of being close to nature.

However, everybody does know your name in the country. Some people may not agree that this is a good thing; but, when the kind cashiers in Safeway mention my name every time I go shopping there, it makes me feel like I am a part of this town. When I call the City, the girls down at the Assessor & Treasurers office remember me and I can share and laugh or two. This makes my day and makes me feel that I am a part of this town.

No matter where you live, out in the country or in the big city whether you were born there or moved there; it's your home. There are things that irritate you, but also things that you love.  I believe God has me living here for a reason and I plan on enjoying myself while I'm here. It's not the town that shapes you but it's how you shape the town.