Friday, July 15, 2011

How To Be Selfish

Did my title shock you? Hope it did. I really think that the human race does not need a "How To Be Selfish Guide", it seems we can be selfish pretty easily. I know for myself I struggle looking past myself and looking at others. A constant battle.

Worrying is a bad habit that I have. I seem unable to let things go and just move on. Consumed with my own worry I only think about myself during those moments. I caught myself doing that a few days ago I was worrying about stuff I had no control over what a waste of time. It was then that I thought of a friend of mine who has been looking for a job and the stress that person must be going through. Yeah, that made me realize I’m worrying way too much about myself.

I think in some ways our culture makes us feel that we deserve things. Ads that say you deserve this expense car, electronic, or some useless object we think we might need. Truth is we can't have everything and sometimes getting what we want well, that doesn't always bring happiness. Be thankful for what you do have and remember that they are those that are homeless, struggling with debt, or who are unemployed.

Jesus lived for others, cared for the poor, and loved those who hated him. He was not concerned with the things of earth but lived to serve. I guess we need to live to serve.

Indie Girl

Philippians 2:3 ESV / 128 helpful votes

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Selfishness is the greatest curse of the human race.
William E. Gladstone

Oh yeah don't forget Harry Potter the very last movie is released today!

http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/default